Our temporary Mass schedule continues this week last Sunday we re-opened St Francis Church for the 10.30am Mass. We are only able to accommodate 45 places so you need to book your place, and this coming Saturday on the 1st August we shall also re-open St Clare’s Church for a Saturday Vigil Mass at 6pm.
You will need to book a place for Mass at all our Churches particularly on a Weekend as we are limited to 100 places at St Mary’s Cathedral and 45 places at St Francis and St Clare’s. To do this you can telephone FRIDAY ONLY 9AM – 12 MIDDAY 01642 597750.or email your request: email@example.com
Please note that you can, however, arrive for any weekday Mass at the Cathedral without booking.
All the usual procedures must be adhered to, and please remember that the obligation to come to Mass is still suspended for the Sunday, and we continue to live stream our Mass at 10am every day.
- You will need to wear a face covering at Public Mass and due to the test and trace system we will require your name and contact details for this purpose only.
- Also, every Saturday after the 12 midday Mass at the CATHEDRAL ONLY there will be confessions available.
- We are noticing that the demand for the 7pm Mass is less than for the 12 noon Mass as the numbers have barely reached double figures, so from the 1st August there will only be at 12 midday Mass at the Cathedral throughout the month of August. There will be no further evening masses at 7pm from that date.
- We also notice that the numbers that we are livestreaming to for the Holy Rosary have decreased too, so again from the 1st of August the Holy Rosary will only be prayed every Friday at 3pm until further notice.
- I am delighted to welcome Mrs Jo Nicholson and Mrs Charlene Dunning who are both teachers at St Augustine’s Primary School and they are being received into the Roman Catholic Church this Sunday by Bishop Terrence. Sorry for the delay, but I am delighted that this can now happen.
- If anyone would find it helpful to receive a food or craft bag over the summer holidays, we have SVP funds to provide these. Please ring 07885599810 to arrange this.
- “Friends of a Rainbow” postcard project. Through Ageing better Middlesbrough we are taking part in this postcard exchange project which gives encouragement at this time by enabling older and younger people to share messages of joy and kindness in a postcard delivered anonymously with food parcels. Children from our local schools have designed some of the postcards. If you or anyone you know would like to take part by sending a message of hope to a family, please ring 70885599810 for more information.
- Finally, it is important to know that we are not back to normal, we are trying to work within all the guidelines to help people with their faith and spiritual well being please bear with us during this time.
We now have no Mass requests, so if you would like Mass to be said please fill in the Mass request envelopes and hand them into Monsignor Gerard.
God Bless. Mgr Gerard, Mgr Dasey, Rev Ken.