You will need to book a place for Mass at all our Churches on a Saturday/Sunday Mass as we are limited to 100 places at St Mary’s Cathedral (Sunday at 12 midday), and 70 places at St Francis (Sunday 10.30am), and 50 places at St Clare’s (Saturday 6pm). To do this you can telephone FRIDAY ONLY 9AM – 12 MIDDAY
Tel: 01642 597750.or email your request: email@example.com
Please note that you can, however, arrive for any weekday Mass at the Cathedral without booking, however we will require your name and contact details due to the Government requirements of Test and Trace.
All the usual procedures must be adhered to, and please remember that the obligation to come to Mass is still suspended for the Sunday, and we continue to live stream our Mass at 10am every day which is now also the time for the public Mass at the Cathedral.
- You must wear a face covering at all Public Masses, and due to the test and trace system we will require your name and contact details for this purpose only.
- Every Saturday after the 10am Mass at the CATHEDRAL ONLY there will be confessions available.
- From the Sunday 6th September, the St Francis Mass will be moved to 11am and at the Cathedral the 5pm Mass will return. Also, the Mass at the Lady Chapel on a Saturday at a new time of 3pm will begin on the 12th September. There is no requirement to book for the 5pm Mass or the 3pm Mass at the Lady Chapel.
- Holy Rosary will continue to be prayed and livestreamed each Friday at 3pm until the end of August.
- “Friends of the Holy Land” thank you for the Christmas Crib offerings of £970.36, which contribute to the work supporting school fees, medical expenses, family and community support. Your help is so important as there is no social care system or foodbanks in the Holy Land and currently many people are unemployed due to the Covid-19 restrictions. Your generosity shows the people that they are not alone.
- Justice and Peace Group 10p Bowl: Cathedral parishioners will be aware that donations to the 10p bowl during 2020 are being sent to Zoe’s place and Mary Ward Albania Fund. During lockdown, we have still been able to send monthly payments to these charities from other online donations. We will however now reinstate the Bowl for any cash donations. This will be located on the table next to the stewards’ area. Thank you for any generosity shown.
- Thank you also to all those who have been sending in money, your envelopes for the lockdown period and other donations, I realise that times are difficult and I am very grateful for your continued generosity and support.
We still have very few Mass requests, so if you would like Mass to be said for a loved one or a particular special intention please fill in the Mass request envelopes and hand them into Monsignor Gerard.
God Bless and Keep Safe: Mgr Gerard, Mgr Dasey, Rev Ken.