You will need to book a place for Mass at all our Churches on a Saturday/Sunday St Mary’s Cathedral (Sunday at 10am), St Francis (Sunday 10.30am), St Clare’s (Saturday 6pm). To do this you can telephone on our NEW NUMBER ON
FRIDAYS ONLY 9AM – 12 MIDDAY
Tel: 07745542661 OR EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you can, however, arrive for any weekday Mass at the Cathedral without booking, however we will require your name and contact details due to the Government requirements of Test and Trace.
All the usual procedures must be adhered to, and please remember that the obligation to come to Mass is still suspended for the Sunday, and we continue to live stream our Mass at 10am every day which is now also the time for the public Mass at the Cathedral.
- You must wear a face covering at all Public Masses, and due to the test and trace system we will require your name and contact details for this purpose only.
- Every Saturday after the 10am Mass at the CATHEDRAL ONLY there will be confessions available.
- Please note From NEXT Sunday 6th September, the St Francis Mass will be moved to 11am. Also, the Mass at the Lady Chapel on a Saturday will be at a new time of 3pm and begins on the 12th September. There is no requirement to book for the 3pm Mass at the Lady Chapel. We have decided that for the time being there will be no 5pm Mass on a Sunday evening.
- Easter Egg Raffle. St Francis/St Clare’s. We raised £271, all of the Easter Eggs went either to food banks or as part of food parcels during the lockdown. Thank you to all who contributed to our Easter Egg raffle and thanks go to Ellen McGee and friends.
- In this Laudate Si Anniversary year, Pope Francis calls us to take care of our more fragile brothers and sisters everywhere, especially where the ongoing coronavirus pandemic has exposed and exacerbated their plight. Fragile health systems, lack of access to washing facilities and limited ability to social distance are causing loss of life and impacting on a devastating scale. We are one global family and “God gave the earth to all of us to care for and cultivate. It is our duty to make sure that, its fruit reaches everyone, not just a few people and that we take care of one another”. For more information – cafod.org.uk/coronavirus
- Once again a big Thank you to all those who have been sending in money, your envelopes for the lockdown period and other donations, I realise that times are difficult and I am very grateful for your continued generosity and support.
We still have very few Mass requests, so if you would like Mass to be said for a loved one or a particular special intention please fill in the Mass request envelopes and hand them into Monsignor Gerard.
God Bless and Keep Safe: Mgr Gerard, Mgr Dasey, Rev Ken