You will need to book a place for Mass at all our Churches on a Saturday/Sunday Mass as we are limited to 100 places at St Mary’s Cathedral (Sunday at 12 midday), and 45 places at St Francis (Sunday 10.30am), and 50 places at St Clare’s (Saturday 6pm). To do this you can telephone FRIDAY ONLY 9AM – 12 MIDDAY
Tel: 01642 597750. or email your request: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you can, however, arrive for any weekday Mass at the Cathedral without booking, however we will require your name and contact details due to the Government requirements of Test and Trace.
All the usual procedures must be adhered to, and please remember that the obligation to come to Mass is still suspended for the Sunday, and we continue to live stream our Mass at 10am every day.
- You must wear a face covering at Public Mass, and due to the test and trace system we will require your name and contact details for this purpose only.
- Every Saturday after the 12 midday Mass at the CATHEDRAL ONLY there will be confessions available.
- We are noticing that the demand for the 7pm Mass is less than for the 12 noon Mass as the numbers have barely reached double figures, so from this week all our daily Masses at the Cathedral will be at 12 midday only, there will not be a 7pm Mass.
- Holy Rosary will be prayed and livestreamed every Friday at 3pm
- “Friends of a Rainbow” postcard project. Through Ageing better Middlesbrough we are taking part in this postcard exchange project which gives encouragement at this time by enabling older and younger people to share messages of joy and kindness in a postcard delivered anonymously with food parcels. Children from our local schools have designed some of the postcards. If you or anyone you know would like to take part by sending a message of hope to a family, please ring 70885599810 for more information.
- Justice and Peace Group 10p Bowl: Cathedral parishioners will be aware that donations to the 10p bowl during 2020 are being sent to Zoe’s place and Mary Ward Albania Fund. During lockdown, we have still been able to send monthly payments to these charities from other online donations. We will however now reinstate the Bowl for any cash donations. This will be located on the table next to the stewards’ area. Thank you for any generosity shown.
- Thank you also to all those who have been sending in money, your envelopes for the lockdown period and other donations, I realise that times are difficult and I am very grateful for your continued generosity and support.
- Finally, it is important to know that we are not back to normal, we are trying to work within all the guidelines to help people with their faith and spiritual well being please bear with us during this time.
We still have very few Mass requests, so if you would like Mass to be said for a loved one or a particular special intention please fill in the Mass request envelopes and hand them into Monsignor Gerard.
God Bless and Keep Safe: Mgr Gerard, Mgr Dasey, Rev Ken.